“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.”
- Saint Augustine -
Name : Mr. Toan
Position : Manager
I am Toan, 32 years old. I was born in Hue city – Central of Vietnam.
Name : Staffs
Position : Hue Office
We are group of young people in Hue city. Graduated from College of Education - Tourism - Foreign language. We all love traveling. We have been working in tourism for 4 years. Previously, we work together at Sunny FINE. Now. We enjoy our work though it's stressful sometimes. We would like to bring Vietnam image introducing to all people in the world about a country that's nice and peaceful.
+ If you want to repair or maintain your motorbike, one of the good places in Hue is Kim Thien shop - 24 Nguyen Sinh Cung street, Hue city..... Here, Mr. Kim will do his best to keep your bike in good condition at a good price. That's why he is highly recommended by many motorbike travellers. His number is: 0906.424.641
+ Some local guys on street may approach to tell you some problems about your bike and suggest you a place to fix. Just a very FEW of them is good and really wants to help you, the rest of them just want to make money on you and make your bikes worse.... We are only responsible for what we talk with you directly at the Guesthouse.
+ If you want to rent, sell or buy a bike you can come and ask at our place. We have connections and we can help you.
+NICE PLACE TO GO AROUND IN HUE CITY
- Local food: Hanh restaurant - 11 Pho Duc Chinh street (~ 5 usd /pax)
- Indian food: ShivaShakti Indian Restaurant - 27 Vo Thi Sau street (~ 5 usd /pax),
- Japanese food: Take restaurant - 34 Tran Cao Van street (~ 10 usd /pax)
- Quick, good and cheap meal: Phuong Nam cafe - 38 Tran Cao Van street (~ 2 - 4 usd /pax)
- Sunny FINE coffee: Come here if you are a fan of coffee. We have different styles of drinking coffee, from East to West. Price varies from 10k to 20k Vietnam dong:
- Brown Eye bar: they have a slogan "open untill the last one".
- DMZ bar: go to Sunny FINE, take a 10% discount voucher then you can join activities at this bar.
- XQ gallery - 49 Le Loi street (free entrance): where you can see paintings that made from embroidery. It takes 1 - 2 years to finish a painting.
- Dong Ba market - local market - near Trang Tien bridge, on the north side of the river: they sell and buy things in a lively way.
- Night market (from 7PM to 9PM): actually, it's a small night market on a walking street name Nguyen Dinh Chieu... There, you can buy small souvernirs, try some local foods or just have a sitting at a nearby park.
- Let the guesthouse or hotel call the taxi for you (in Vietnam, you don't pay more when you call the taxi on phone and the the hotel staff will help you if there's any problem with the taxi on the road). Take a photo of the taxi before you get in is a good idea also.
- Suggest to call or meet the police if you think there's a scam. Bad people is normally afraid of getting involed with police.
- Many guests ask me which ATM that they can withdraw more than 2 milions dong.... Well, BIDV ATM at Le Loi street is a place to check. But make sure that they don't charge you higher fee.
- Vietcombank ATM - 2A Hung Vuong street - is a safe place, cause there is security staffs work there 24/7.
- If you use Maestro card, try ACB ATM in 30 Hung Vuong street. It worked with my guests.
- Try swimming pool at Imperial hotel (5 star hotel) price is 4 USD /pax and you can swim for hours.
- Or try swimming pool at Huong Giang hotel, price is about 3 USD /pax.
Massage - Spa
- 3 USD /hour - Niem Tin shop - 252B Nguyen Sinh Cung street: those well - trained blind people will do massage for you in a very enthuasitic way.
- 10 USD /hour - Lavender Spa- 19 Le Quy Don street: If you don't often go to massage or expect too much, here is a place that you can take a little rest. (Notice that they don't do massage for men here).
- 18 USD /hour - 2nd floor of 4 star Cherish hotel - 59 Ben Nghe street: Here is the best place for Spa & massage, up to now, that I've heard from my guests.
We have an English class at home. Our students are in different ages and eager to practice English with foreigners who traveling to Hue.
Being our volunteers, you will have chance to meet real local people, to exchange culture, to exchange your own point of view or even share any ideas.